Merrick Turducken Cat Food 5.5 oz (24 Count Case)

Merrick Turducken Cat Food 5.5 oz
Customer Ratings: 4.5 stars
List Price: Price Unavailable
Sale Price: $34.22
Today's Bonus:
Buy Now

My youngest cat is very particular about what he eats. He absolutely will not eat if something doesn't meet his expectations. Between that and the recent pet food recalls, I've had a really hard time finding cat food that I can feed him. I'm happy to say that the Merrick Turducken clicks with him, plus it has no wheat gluten or other fillers. The texture of it is appealing, too . . . it's not just "mush" or Spam-looking like many foods. I'll continue to buy Turducken and plan to also try out some of the other Merrick flavors.

Click Here to Read More Reviews >>

Update (July 20):

Contacted Merrick, and they confirmed that the Purrfect Bistro line is replacing the Classic line of foods. Will update my review when the cats have weighed in on the new Purrfect Bistro line of foods. (They seemed to love it this morning.)

Email from Merrick:

Thank you for taking the time to contact us. We did have a revolution with our products and upgraded many of our ingredients to even higher qualities to ensure a better and healthier product for your pets. We are currently introducing our new Purrfect Bistro line of cat food. All of our new line is Grain Free to include both wet and dry.

You are able to view these new products and ingredients on our webpage at www.merrickpetcare.com

The Purrfect Bistro will replace the Classic Turducken.

Original review:

Merrick makes 3 different lines of food. Classic, Purrfect Bistro, and Before Grain. Both the Classic and Purrfect Bistro have a Turducken flavor. This (and most of the reviews here) used to be the Classic Turducken until just recently, when Amazon started shipping the Purrfect Bistro Turducken instead, even though the pictures, descriptions and reviews were all for the Classic. After questions and returns, Amazon stopped shipping this for a week or so . . . and then changed the picture to reflect the Purrfect Bistro Turducken . . . without changing the name or noting that it's a different product than what people have reviewed.

Just wanted to highlight the change, because the reviews are for a different product, and if you have ordered and your cats like the Classic Turducken, there's no guarantee they will like the Purrfect Bistro Turducken.

Buy Merrick Turducken Cat Food 5.5 oz (24 Count Case) Now

I had been feeding my cat the Turducken recipe for months. He has a rare genetic disorder that causes him to form urate stones, and part of his prevention plan is to eat a low-purine diet. This means absolutely no liver of any kind. I searched high and low for a food that he liked that didn't have liver as an ingredient (which is rare). Turducken fit that criteria... until I got my last order. First, I notice the new packaging. Then I immediately think to check the ingredients... $%^&*!!! They added liver! This isn't the first time this has happened (he was also on the Blue Buff. duck, but they suddenly changed that one earlier this year to include liver as well). Note to cat food companies... not all cats can eat liver. It's not an improvement. Please stop. Now off I go to search for a new food that I can feed my poor kitty :(

Read Best Reviews of Merrick Turducken Cat Food 5.5 oz (24 Count Case) Here

My cat almost died from pancreatitis and liver failure last year, as a result of the excessive carbohydrates contained in her diet of "healthy" canned food. After several months of making homemade food, I was thrilled to find Merrick's 96% BG chicken and turkey canned formulas that were limited to meat and basic supplements. She did well on these and the convenience of auto-ship provided a solution for both of us.

However, the 96% BG formulas were recently replaced by this new line. My local pet shop owner assured me that the new line was even better. It isn't. Within a month of starting this food, my cat developed impacted anal glands and was increasingly vocal after bowel movements. Upon reviewing ingredients from the new line, I see they now have added in potatoes and fruits. This line is cleverly marketed, using homey names and illustrations to describe human meals, not cat meals. What cat in nature eats apples and potatoes? These are the substances that made my cat sick in the first place.

Today I took her to the vet and we are awaiting lab results to make sure her pancreas and liver are okay. The vet agrees that the new food is the likely culprit and has put my cat at risk. Simple carbohydrates are not in a cat's normal diet. They can cause inflammation and heat in the GI tract. Initially I was grateful for Merrick for offering a simple and safe food solution for my cat. Now I'm disappointed and perplexed as to why they would just be another player in a market full of complex, unnecessary, and potentially harmful cat food blends.

Want Merrick Turducken Cat Food 5.5 oz (24 Count Case) Discount?

I open a can of this stuff, and it looks like real food. I spoon it onto the dishes for my four, and it dishes like actual meat and sauce. All four of them dive right into it, and all four saucers are licked clean.

I have seen the health benefits to my cats from feeding them high quality grain-free food. This Turducken canned food is one of the staples of their diet. I love feeding it to them, and they love eating it.

In my view, it's worth the extra money to get really good food for one's pets.

Buy Fom Amazon Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment